Thursday, February 2, 2012

Strength Rejoices in the Challenge

My first step in reaching my goal of living more frugally (read: paying off student loans more quickly) is to drastically change the way I eat. Not only by eating more healthfully, but also by severely limiting my food budget. I think this will not only force me to spend even more time in the kitchen, it will also make me more creative in the way I cook.

Ready for the goal?

Are you sure?

Here it is.......

$50 a week for groceries.

That's just over $7 a day

That means: no eating out, no over-processed food, learning to make nutritious and filling meals with inexpensive ingredients, and yes.... coupons


The challenge is actually really exciting to me. I think it will really prove something to myself, and that extra $100 or so each month toward my debt will make a huge difference.

I begin the process of moving in this weekend, and start work Tuesday, so it may be a minute but once I get settled I'm going to be posting everything I cook here. I can't wait to get started!


Lizzy

1 comment:

  1. Hey Elizabeth! I am glad you posted your blog on fb. I have one too. Such a great way to keep records of life. Good luck with living frugally....not fun but worth it for the results.

    ReplyDelete