Wednesday, February 22, 2012

One of Those Days

Today has been.... Interesting

As I was getting ready this morning I became alerted by an out-of-place sound coming from somewhere in my apartment.

drip

dripdrip

dripdripdrip

dripdripdripdrip

Mascara wand still in my hand I opened the door into the kitchen, to see a rapidly growing pool of deep yellow water gathering on my tile floor. Looking up, I see it is coming in a steady stream from around the fluorescent light bulb in my ceiling... The upstairs neighbor flooded something, and now it's in my kitchen.

I quickly called my landlord, grabbed some old towels and bowls, and tried to stop any further damage. I ended up having to go into work about an hour late.



So the whole ceiling in my kitchen is going to be replaced in the next few days, that will be fun. Fuchie is going to love having strangers in the house while I'm at work.

Then Boyfran informed me that, in trying to warm up cookies in a toaster oven, he caused a small fire in his own kitchen.

I (half)jokingly told him we should watch out for locusts for the rest of the day.

My first day of Paleo went well. Because of the aforementioned disaster in my kitchen I wasn't able to make a real breakfast, so I was really hungry for the first part of the day; but I had some wonderful leftover veggie soup for lunch. Cravings for starch grainy things have hit me a couple times, already. Here's to hoping I get past that soon.

I went to the Big, Huge, Ginormous Methodist church here in Montgomery for Ash Wednesday service. Wouldn't you know, I somehow happened to sit by a judge who knows my mom... Famous Thamous, indeed.

Ashes, ashes

Afterward I went to the swankiest Walmart around. It's 10 miles up the interstate, but is well worth the drive. On the way back I ended up in standstill traffic, less than a mile from my exit for 30 minutes. But it's ok, puppy and I are safe home, and today is over. Thank.The.Lord.

Peace and Blessings, Y'all

No comments:

Post a Comment