Monday, February 6, 2012

Puppy Love

This is my puppy, Fuchie, also known as: Fuch-a-Luke, The Fuchmeister, Fuch I am your father, Fluffer Nut, Fuchs, or some days, just Puppy.

Fuchie, about a week after I got him

I adopted Fuchie (pronounced Foo-key) a year and a half ago from another girl in Tuscaloosa who could no longer take care of him. He was a 6 month old mess of a puppy at the time. I named him Fuchie because the German word for Fox is fuchs (fooks). And when we was a pup, before he got his glorious coat, he looked just like a small fox.

He just loves his momma

He's, hands down, the most loving dog I've ever come across. He isn't a huge fan of strangers, but as soon as he's sniffed you enough to trust you, and made the judgement that you aren't going to try to hurt me, he's a six pound fluffy ball of love. He's a snuggler, always looking for someone to pet and cuddle him.

This is the Fuchs with Bacon, my best friend/college roommate's pup... He's much much bigger now

He thinks the two big dogs at my parents' house are the best. He tries to be a Lab and swim in the pond on the property with them during our summer visits. It kinda scares me because he'd be just a snack for one of the catfish or snapping turtles out there.

Us with the big pups, Dixie and Belle, last Christmas

I really think he and I communicate better than most married couples do with one another. He and I read each other very very well, I talk to him a lot, full conversations. We understand each other's facial expressions perfectly. He tells me he loves me "I Ruhhh Rooooo", he's always happy to see me, he knows the words "outside, "treat", "home", "James", "momma", and many other commands. 

Surveying his kingdom at my parents' house

He's the original Ginger Gentleman in my life (sorry boyfran, it's just true). He lies on the ground and watches me cook every day. Somehow when I was packing up my car to move down to Montgomery the other day, he knew he was coming with me this time.  It's gonna be me, the Fuchmeister, and my shotgun in our little apartment in The Gump. I couldn't have a sweeter pup to come home to every night :)

1 comment:

  1. "Original Ginger Gentleman" just made me laugh out loud in my easy chair and might have startled Princess Lily just a bit. Hilarity!
    Hope you are getting settled in a-ok to the new place. Good luck on your first day! I know you'll be awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete