Thursday, March 1, 2012

Paleo: One Week In

So, yesterday marked a week since I began my journey into Cave Man Land. I have just a few observations so far:

1) I've lost almost two pounds, so that's good.

2) I really really miss pasta. Like, a lot.

3) It's not terribly difficult to make filling meals, but I still crave having a dessert afterward.

4) I've been eating a lot of fruit to satisfy my sweet tooth.

5) A lot of people talk about the increases in energy you get when you switch to this lifestyle. I haven't really seen anything like that so far, but I have seen a HUGE improvement in the way my stomach feels. I used to have nearly chronic stomach pain and digestive issues, and they're almost completely gone :)

I've only cheated a few times so far. Saturday night we had fried chicken and cake; but it was for my family birthday celebration, my mommy's birthday was Sunday! To make up for that I didn't have anything "bad" on Sunday, which is usually a "mini-Easter" or a day we can indulge in the things we've given up for Lent. Then yesterday I had two crackers and a few pieces of rice at a seafood event I attended. My stomach was super upset last night, but I don't know to what I should attribute it.

Today I'm craving sugar like crazy, I'm all out of fruit, and have been trying to hold off going to the grocery store until Monday. I have plenty of meat, sweet potatoes, onions, and veggies to last me until then; but I'm completely out of fruit.

I'mma start posting some of the pseudo-recipes I'm coming up with on here. I'm no culinary genius, but I make pretty tasty stuff.

I hope everyone has been having a nice week so far. It's mah birthday week!

No comments:

Post a Comment