Tuesday, March 6, 2012

It'sMahBirthday! Post, and my First Recipe!


So last weekend was my birthday weekend. I spent it in Tuscaloosa with Boyfran and assorted friends. The dear man made it so very special for me :)

My official present from Boyfran

We relaxed, watched Blast from the Past, which is an amazingly clever movie and one of the best things to come out of the 90s, ate way too much cake (Paleo wasn't really in the picture this weekend...But, hey, It'sMahBirthday!), played with some of our best friends, ambled along the Riverwalk with Fuchs, and generally just had an amazing time growing together. 

Last Thursday night I made this Paleo meal. The chicken is super simple, and very delicious. 

I started by heating my skillet to med-high, then placed several chicken breast tenders in the middle. 


Seasoned 'em with salt, pepper, and a little bit of garlic powder. These shakers were also a gift from Boyfran. I love a penguin....


Cooked the chicken all the way through...


Spread some pesto, and sprinkled 'em with a bagged Italian cheese mix.... Leave the chicken on the skillet until the cheese is melted.


I ate it with mashed cauliflower (recipe forthcoming, but I basically used this as a guide), and a big helping of canned turnip greens.

That night I also made my first attempt at Paleo baking. It wasn't pretty.....

I used this recipe for chocolate cookies, minus the chocolate chips, because I didn't have any. It took me a loooong time to make the almond butter in my dinky little food processor. I used Stevia instead of sugar.

I was so excited about them; but they turned out very meh.... I only ate one, and took the rest to Boyfran. It's one of those "substitutes" that really leaves you wanting the original even more, instead of satisfying you. Also, they look kinda like tiny hamburger patties.

I think the basic recipe would make for a good crust for a Paleo cheesecake, or something, though.

I hope all of you had a wonderful weekend, a tolerable Monday, and a terrific Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment